Aunt Wesie’s Fresh Peach Cobbler
We remember back 50+ years ago when Aunt Wesie (Eloise) came to visit from North Louisiana and would make this easy cobbler for us. It has been one of our favorites ever since. Best if eaten the same day it is baked.
Arrange in a square pan:
- 3 Cups cut up fresh Rendleman Orchards peaches
- Enough water to cover bottom of pan
Sprinkle with a mixture of:
- 2 Tablespoon flour 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons butter
In a separate bowl, measure Aunt Wesie's Peach Cobbler Mix.
Then add to bowl:
- 3 Tablespoons milk 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup soft margerine or cooking oil
Stir with a fork until thoroughly blended. Drop by spoonfuls over the fruit. If desired, dough may be spread with a spatula to cover the surface of the fruit. Bake 25 to 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Leave a comment